Mindfulness-Based Relapse Prevention Course
Independent 6-week Program
For individuals struggling with addictive behaviors, including problematic alcohol or drug use, disordered eating, and behavioral addictions such as gambling.
This evidence-based approach was originally developed at the Addictive Behaviors Research Center at the University of Washington. It integrates cognitive-behavioral relapse prevention skills and mindfulness meditation practices, all designed to increase awareness of triggers, habitual patterns, and automatic reactions. Our MBRP program is designed to provide skills, tools, and practices that support recovery and enhance quality of life. No previous mindfulness experience is necessary!
Focus topics in the course include:
- Identifying triggers, automatic reactions, and habitual patterns
- Developing the ability to pause, observe present experience, and make conscious choices
- Gaining freedom from engrained problematic thought and behavior patterns
- Learning to respond skillfully rather than react to distress/discomfort (emotional & physical)
- Fostering compassionate curiosity and non-judgment toward ourselves
- Building a lifestyle that supports mindfulness and recovery
Courses run 6 weeks at varying times throughout the year. A brief initial interview is required for participation.
Please contact us for information on the next upcoming series.
“Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.”
– Viktor E. Frankl, MD
If you would like more information about our program or would like to arrange for an appointment please call 206-547-1955.
Please note—we are available by appointment only and groups are not open to the public. Please call us to set up an appointment to learn more about our program or to visit our offices.
Our program is located in a Historic Seattle Community Center in Wallingford—surrounded by 11 acres of gardens and park.
A Positive Alternative
4649 Sunnyside Ave N Suite 200
Seattle WA 98103
Located at the Good Shepherd Center in Wallingford
» View Map